Has brewing beer just Jumped the Shark? Sometimes we are proactively doing research to find out the latest trends in brewing, other times we simply sit back and see what enters our inbox. I raise the question “has brewing beer Jumped the Shark” because my wonderful mother has forwarded me an email from Williams-Sonoma selling “Beer Making Kit”
The description Reads as:
With their apartment-friendly beer-making kits, Erica Shea and Stephen Valand of the Brooklyn Brew Shop make it easy to craft artisanal beer – right in your own kitchen. Showcasing the finest barley, hops, yeast and spices, your all-natural home-crafted brew will taste as great as the premium artisanal beers served at the best brew pubs.
- Choose either fresh summer wheat beer or India Pale Ale (IPA), a pub favorite with bold, hops-intensive flavor.
- Includes the specialty equipment and ingredients you’ll need for home-brewing, including enough grain, hops and yeast for your first batch.
- Additional equipment and ingredients required: six-quart pot, fine-mesh strainer, funnel, honey and ice.
- Step-by-step instructions guide you through every stage: the mash, the sparge, the boil, fermentation and bottling.
- The entire brewing process takes approximately 17 days.
- Each mix produces 1 gal. of IPA beer or fresh summer wheat beer.
- Equipment can be reused over and over to make more fresh beer.
Between the god damn fast food restaurants (think dinner time places) making entrees with craft beer to this latest bull shit of Williams-Sonoma Beer Kits … I don’t know what to think. I mean maybe its good to get people involved that otherwise wouldn’t try brewing beer. Maybe its a good Fathers Day gift idea @ $39.95? Maybe it will open up the craft beer world to a different “generation”? Maybe it will cause my dad call me for both computer and brewing questions? Leave your thoughts below. Anyone else feel this way (Good/Bad/Indifferent) ?
All I can say is that when I got this email for some reason I instantly thought about how pissed off Carl is on ATHF (especially at Shake for being in his pool) … I have no idea why that popped into my head. I think its time for a beer!
I don’t want to go off on a bad note so I found these soundboards for your enjoyment. If you have never seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force [Wiki] then you are missing out because Carl is one of the greatest characters in tv history. Enjoy the Soundboards: [Best of Carl] [Carl 6 boards]
Or my favorite Carl clip of all time: (also here are some Carl Promos )